Monday, November 29, 2010

A legend.


A legend passed away yesterday.


Leslie Nielsen, 84, died of pnemonia problems in Ft. Lauderdale. He was best known for his roles in Airplane! and the Naked Gun series.


More importantly, to me, is that he filled my adolescence with joy. My father is a huge fan of Nielsen, and would watch one of his classic movies every month or so. His love of Nielsen's performances spread to myself and the rest of my family. My family, consisting of ten children, grew up with this man's comedy. Many days of my life were spent laughing at his dead serious in the face of the absurd routine.


My favorite movies, Airplane, the Naked Gun series, the Poseidon Adventures, Wrongfully Accused, and many others. Surely, he will rest in peace.


But don't call him, "Shirley."

No comments:

Post a Comment